Unexpected or sudden vacancies in your team puts business plans in jeopardy. The challenge is to fill these roles as quickly and painlessly as possible so business plans can stay on track. Having talent pipelines where pre-qualified talent is ready to step in quickly is key to staying on track with business goals.
A pre-qualified pool of talent means less work for recruiters and hiring managers when it comes to strengthening the employer brand. It usually enhances speedy quality hire with more experienced candidates being attracted to roles and increases the likelihood of acceptance of job offers.
How can companies authentically communicate with their talent pool?
- Purchase and implement an Applicant Tracking System. It helps you manage interactions at scale with qualified candidates, implement a regular program of engaging with insights and nurture talent like you nurture business leads.
- Creating a website and active career pages that interact with candidates rather than just passively advertising job vacancies is also essential. Social media also allows for higher productivity in engaging with talent pools and talent generation activities.
- Interact with insights. Create programs of events, webinars and EDMs that have something for the target talent audience to consume and look forward to. It can’t be about the company’s products or services – it has to be something which helps them with their career goals and outlook.
- Use data to better understand your talent pools and identify those who have the right knowledge, skills and behaviours for future employment.
- Keep internal teams engaged by communicating the success of others, creating clear and achievable career paths and a good employee experience when they apply for a role internally.
ELMO’s Recruitment Module and talent pooling
The ELMO Recruitment module allows us to retain, classify and have ongoing interactions via email with applicants who have applied for advertised jobs. What’s more, this system allows employees to access an internal careers portal where they can look at future opportunities and see how they fit. This forward-looking approach strengthens staff momentum by allowing them to envision how they might progress in their role.
Industry and company data also helps recruiters and hiring managers better understand their talent pools and identify those who have the right knowledge, skills and behaviours for future employment. Similarly, an active social media presence creates higher productivity in engaging with talent pools through talent generation activities.
For further tips on building talent pools, read our blog.
Keen to level up your talent pool and increase hiring efficiency? Find out more about ELMO’s Recruitment software here. For further information on any of ELMO’s integrated, end-to-end HR, payroll and rostering / time & attendance solutions, contact us.
This article was contributed by Michael Shevers, Sales Talent and Capability Specialist, ELMO Cloud HR & Payroll.