COVID-19 has changed the way we work – both in the short-term and the long-term. Remote working will become normalised, while the way people are managed – and what they expect from work – has shifted. In order to rebuild, organisations must re-imagine their employee retention strategies. Only then will they retain their top performers and attract top talent.
The traditional drivers of engagement and retention – performance management, succession management, remuneration and rewards & recognition – have all transformed into something new. How can these retention drivers motivate a weary workforce? In our latest eBook, we discuss:
- The impact of COVID-19 on the workforce
- Employee retention – why should you care?
- Retention drivers to motivate a weary workforce
- How technology is the changing game
- Ensure your retention rates soar
With the right people onboard, it’s possible to emerge from this pandemic in a stronger position than ever before.